Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Day 10 -Boothbay, ME

We left Newburyport yesterday at 3:15 pm and saw our first whale shortly after.  I spotted it and everyone else was able to get on deck quickly enough to see it break the surface two more times.  Remi thought it went by in "slow motion".  I was so excited that I didn't even think of taking a picture, even though my camera was right next to me.

We had rain squalls periodically all night, some heavy, but kept dry under the dodger and bimini.  Pablo and I are still figuring out the best night watch schedule.  Last night I went to bed early, after dinner and then was on watch 11pm-4am.  It seemed to work well.  Pablo was fresh for the approach, sailing into the Sheepscot River around 6am.  We anchored in Love Cove at 8am, had a great breakfast and a little down time.  We are finally in Maine!  We only traveled about 80 miles last night but there is no doubt the scenery and temperatures have changed substantially.



No comments:

Post a Comment